Monday, May 6, 2013

Run Free Photography: A Journey


Beautiful Tree Lined Driveway in Shaftsbury, Vermont
I've been fighting it for awhile...my passion for photography. Mostly because I wanted to paint.  But not anymore.  I'm fully embracing what I love.  Might as well. Life is too short to do anything less than what makes you happy.  And if it makes others happy at the same time, well damn...you've got it good.

The Fields on Old Depot Road, Shaftsbury, VT
So, nothing fancy here. Just a small town girl born and raised in southern Vermont.  No, Vermont is not in Maine. No, it's not a country.  It is, in fact, one of the 50 states.  Believe it or not, folks...some people don't know that.  

My Grandmother's Daffodils in Bennington, VT

My goal here is to share with you the beauty I encounter on a daily basis in my hometown and surrounding areas.  I used to think living in a small town sucked horribly.  Mostly because of gossip and how it seems everyone knows everyone's business, or tries to anyways.  But over the past few years I've accepted that there are similar problems everywhere you go whether it be in a small town or a big city.  I decided to stop dwelling on and complaining about the negative things surrounding me and focus on and maybe even exaggerate the positive & the beautiful.


St. James Episcopal Church located on Historic Route 7A in Arlington, VT
That's where Run Free Photography comes in. I received a Canon Rebel for Christmas.  I've used DSLR cameras in the past, but I had never owned my very own. Let me tell you, I got this thing in my hands and all you could hear was the clicking of the shutter opening and closing.  Every single moment of Christmas was covered...let's just put it that way.  After prayer before Christmas dinner, everyone else digs in to the mouthwatering meal.  Not Mosley...nope. I pull out my camera from under the table and take pictures of my plate as well as everyone else stuffing their faces.  They loved that.  <---Can you sense the sarcasm there?

Flowers from Tammy's Garden

So back to the point...Run Free Photography is a journey.  My hopes for this blog are that you will follow this journey and observe all the beauty life has to offer.  It's a crazy, crazy world out there.  If you're stressed out, tired, worn down, feel like you're completely losing it, just please take a minute for yourself.  Take a minute for yourself and start surrounding yourself with what makes you happiest.  If coming back to my blog will remind you to do so, then my job is done.  I hope you've enjoyed your visit here today and I hope to see you again!
Flowers from Tammy's Garden
At the bottom of my posts, I'm going to add links of articles I enjoyed or articles I'd like to share with the rest of you.  They will cover a wide array of topics, but will always be positive and informative and my hopes are that they help you or teach you something. Enjoy!

Huffington Post: Reduce Stress at Home or Work with these 16 Activities that Instantly De-stress You

Marc & Angel Hack Life: 8 Ways Happy People Start Their Mornings

Mother Nature Network: 12 Tips for Kicking the Refined Sugar Habit

National Geographic:  Pictures: Take a Look Through Nature's Most Transparent Animals like "Glass Frogs"


No comments:

Post a Comment